Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 October 2013

Seaford Head and Sheepcote Valley 12/10/13

A day of twitching today. After a long day up in Luton yesterday I could not face getting up early today, but regretted it when Bob phoned me saying there had been an infestation of Ring Ouzels. I managed to see 59, but there were around 150 in Hope Gap in total over a space of 4 hours. A truly amazing experience seeing flocks moving east high up and the constant 'tacking' echoing around the gap. I thought my 19 was a good total a few weeks back.....obviously not!!

Then if things couldn't get any better the Whitcombs had found a Radde's Warbler at Sheepcote Valley. Great find guys, a superb looking bird.

Seaford Head
Ring Ouzel - 59 (150 altogether)
Redpoll - 1
Mistle Thrush - 2
Redwing - 50+

Sheepcote Valley = RADDE'S WARBLER



Radde's Warbler at Sheeptcote. -
Trust me these looked better on the camera!!