More updated records will be added soon.
1) Aquatic Warbler - 1977 - Cuckmere Haven
2) Kentish Plover - 1968, 1971, 1978 (2) & 1979 - all Cuckmere Haven
3) Lesser Yellowlegs - 1970 - Cuckmere Haven
4) Hooded Crow - annual winter sightings
5) SNOWY OWL - 1 accepted into Cat A. First seen on Seaford Head, later being tracked flying up the Cuckmere.
6) Cirl Bunting - Local breeder with up to 14 pairs in the valley
7) Caspian Tern - 1975 on the scrape, Cuckmere Haven
8) Wilson's Phalarope - 1971 - Cuckmere Haven
9) Pectoral Sandpiper - 1977 - Cuckmere Haven
10) Richard's Pipit - 1978 - Cuckmere Haven
11) Red-breasted Flycatcher - Seaford Head - trapped and ringed in Hope Gap
Regular visitors include:
Twite - annual winter visitor
Bewick's Swan - annual winter visitor, albeit in small numbers
Long-eared Owl - an annual roost in Hope Gap
Grey Partridge - coveys of up to 80 birds around Chyncton Farm
Bluethroat - a scarce but expected migrant.
Coastguard Cottages, Seaford Head