Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 December 2013

Boxing Day Bonus 26/12/13

I started the day off down the Cuckmere in superb frosty weather when I was rudely interrupted by twitter as someone had photographed a Brunnich's Guillemot in Portland Harbour. Unfortunately I was down by the scape (where the Spoonbill was still present), which meant a long jog back to the car, home for the wallet and food, and then to pick up Jake.

The traffic on the way down was grim, nearly taking two hours to get to Chichester, but soon the roads opened up and we were on our way.

On arrival the bird had drifted out of view but after a bit of manoeuvring around the harbour, the Brunnich's came into view, and as neither of us had taken a scope, we were very grateful it came within 15 metres. A brilliant bird and a big surprise, and even better I was hot on my heels for a change.



Brunnich's Guillemot at Portland