Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 February 2015

Abel Arasmus Pass, Mpumalanga, South Africa 1/2/15

Today was a free day so I hired a car with a couple of other volunteers and decided to visit the Taita Falcon site only an hour away. However, in my two visits that day, no Falcons were on view which was a shame, but thankfully I saw them on my previous visit in 2011, so I can just about get over not seeing them this time round. 

Other than this, we visited Echo Caves and stopped at some cultivated areas which produced the following: 

Red-chested Cuckoo
Purple-crested Turaco
Southern Boubou
White-winged Widowbird 
Yellow Bishop
Diderick Cuckoo
Rock Martin
Red-winged Starling

This morning (2/2/15) just before leaving the game reserve a family of Bearded Woodpeckers showed well as well as a stunning Black-headed Oriole