Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Friday 25 September 2015

Shetland - 25/9/15

Weather - Wind WSW 3-4, occasional showers.

As soon as I docked I headed to Quendale where unfortunately there was no sign of the Thick-billed Warbler. After this I decided to stay down south visiting as many sites as I could, but only finding a Barred Warbler for my efforts. I arrived at The Orca Inn, Hoswick (my base for the duration) late afternoon where a Yellow-browed Warbler greeted me in the car park, and was later seen from my bedroom window. 

Totals are: 

Yellow-browed Warbler - 10 seen in various sites
Blyth's Reed Warbler - 1 briefly North Town, Virkie
Garden Warbler - 2
Robin - 1
Barred Warbler - 1 found at North Town
Wheatear - 3
Willow Warbler - 5 (3 at Channerwick)
Merlin - 1
Goldcrest - 2
Song Thrush - 1
Fieldfare - 2 at Hoswick

Yellow-browed Warbler