Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 August 2016

Seaford Head 27/8/16

With work commitments yet again I could only spend three hours on the head, although that was long enough to note a considerable drop in migrant numbers. Whilst contemplating this and wishing I had stayed in bed, I turned around and noticed a small Dove flying low over the cliffs towards me, which turned out to be a juv Turtle Dove. It flew into Hope Gap and seemed to settle but I couldn't re-locate it. This is only my second patch record, with the first being a juvenile last autumn. Other than this, a small flurry of Willow Warblers first thing and small groups of House Martins moving east were the only notable migrants. 

Totals are:

Willow Warbler - 30
Wheatear - 3
Yellow Wagtail - 34
Whinchat - 2
Whitethroat - 28
Reed Warbler - 2
Lesser Whitethroat - 2
Grey Wagtail - 2 E
Chiffchaff - 2
Garden Warbler - 1
Tree Pipit - 2
Turtle Dove - 1 N at 7.55
Sedge Warbler - 1
Red-legged Partridge - 4
Raven - 7 W
House Martin - 150
Swallow - 75