Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Splash Point & Lower Cuckmere 23/02/21

On Sunday, I had to drive back to Seaford to offer my services to my parents who are still unable to get out. Of course, I decided to make the most of it, arriving at Splash Point for first light where only a trio of Shags were present offshore and the odd passing auk and Common Scoter.

Afterwards, I parked up on Seaford Head and walked the Cuckmere. No doubt the highlight was three Water Pipits which were present on the west side, and at one point, feeding together. Also present were a handful of Scandinavian Rock Pipits, two Knot and a Bar-tailed Godwit. The gull flock was fairly poor although it did contain a good number of adult Lesser Black-backed Gulls.

Scandinavian Rock Pipit in flight




Water Pipits in Lower Cuckmere