Magnolia Warbler - Ohio, May 2017

Total Pageviews

Monday, 11 September 2017

Cuckmere Haven 11/9/17

After work this afternoon I resisted on having a nap and went down the Cuckmere to hopefully find a Grey Phalarope. On the way to the beach I checked every body of water, but it wasn't until I reached the scrape that my luck came in. Alongside the northern bank was a dainty Grey Phalarope, a long overdue find for me. The bird was very skittish and flew around twice and calling quietly but repeatedly as it did. A superb bird! Other then this the area was quiet.

Earlier today in Montenegro a Black Kite flew over the airport, as did some Hooded Crows.


 Grey Phalarope at Cuckmere Haven this evening
it was mainly keeping close to the northern bank of the scrape




No comments:

Post a Comment