Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Friday 20 April 2018

Red Kites to Orchids 20/4/18

I was on standby this morning so I couldn't venture out. By late morning I got bored and eager to catch onto the passage of Red Kites. I walked the cliffs between Peacehaven and Newhaven seeing a lovely flock of five Red Kites flying east at 12.34, and five Wheatears were also present. A Green Hairstreak was found in one of the hollows near the fort.

I spent the majority of the day lounging in the garden writing trip reports but no other Kites were seen.

This afternoon I cycled to the back of Woodingdean where only three Early Spider Orchids were present. Nine Wheatears were at Balsdean.

Red Kites over Newhaven Heights
Green Hairstreak at Newhaven Heights
Early Spider Orchid near Woodingdean