Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 August 2018

Seaford Head (Evening) 4/8/18

I was keen to get in with some of the Pied Flycatcher action with having to work this morning and hearing about numerous sightings on the patch and further afield. I headed straight for Harry's Bush and two were found on the SW corner that was sunlit and sheltered. Ten minutes later along the belt of Sycamores and Elders were a group of four that all too soon spread out in different directions. I suspected there may have been five in the group but I couldn't be sure so I stuck with a safe total of six Pied Flycatchers. I checked Florence House area but no more were seen. Just wish I'd had the day to do a thorough check of the area.

Pied Flycatcher - 6
Willow Warbler - 20

Pied Flycatcher at Harry's Bush