Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 October 2020

Seaford Head & Cuckmere Haven 1/10/20

Very little to report between posts. Five Redwings flew over Alton two days ago, as always, signalling their arrival with their lovely high-pitched calls. 

This morning before work, I quickly went around Seaford Head but found fairly little: a Firecrest, three Reed Buntings and a few Blackcaps and Chiffchaffs was all I could muster. After work, I went down the Cuckmere where the usual waders were present, including a Bar-tailed Godwit. I couldn't find the reported Choughs, but a Short-eared Owl just east of Haven Brow showed very well as it circled me.

Fingers crossed for the coming days.

Firecrest

Short-eared Owl

The encroaching rain that 
deposited some of its contents on me.