Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Monday 21 January 2013

The Gambia - 12/1/13

After a dreadful nights sleep worrying about Geckos inside my hut, I was up before light and on my way to Abuko NR 45 mins drive north of Nemasu. The chef gave me a lift there and I arranged to meet him at 4.30pm, which he did. A couple of guides at the gate offered their services but I refused. No late evening walk but a quick Nightjar session after dinner was very productive.

Abuko NR
Little Greenbul - 5
Voilet Turaco - 5
Green Turaco - 2
Splendid Sunbird - 2
Yellow-breasted Apalis - 2
Green Wood-Hoopoe - 6
Blue-spotted Wood Dove - 1
Pygmy Kingfisher - 1
Great Spotted Cuckoo - 1
Fanti Sawwing - 4
Swallow-tailed Bee-Eater - 2

Nemasu Beach
Long-tailed Nightjar - 1

Green Turaco
Swallow-tailed Bee-Eater
African Jacana