Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 January 2015

South Africa - Day 6 -18/1/15

Today I drove from Port Nolloth all the way down to Cape Town which took 6hrs 40mins. Once in the south, I had some spare time so I birded Strandfontein Sewage Works seeing some decent stuff.

Tomorrow I'm flying to Hoedspruit to stay on Makalali Game Reserve for two weeks so maybe not many updates, though I'll try my best. Pictures from all the days will be added when I get back home on the 7th Feb. 

Strandfontein Sewage Works
Maccoa Duck - 8
Red-billed Teal - 1
Cape Teal - ca.150
Cape Shoveler - 2
Southern Pochard - 30
Greater Flamingo - 75
Blacksmith Plover - 5
African Pipit - 3
Great White Pelican - 1
Black-necked Grebe - 50

 Greater Flamingo, Cape Teal and Blacksmith Plover
 Maccoa Duck
 Blacksmith Plover
Great White Pelican