Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Friday 28 March 2014

Seaford Head & Splash Point 28/3/14

I phoned Bob before I left home to check if anything was moving out at sea......there wasn't, so I went up the Head instead where it was as usual quiet, with just 3 Chiffchaffs noted moving very quickly northwards.

I got down Splash Point at 9.05 and straight away there was obvious movement, so I stayed at it for another four hours. Hopefully tomorrows seawatching will be better still.

Totals between 9.05-13.05 are:

Common Tern - 1
Sandwich Tern - 9
Brent Geese - 739
Common Scoter - 633
Pintail - 4
Shoveler - 3
Great Skua - 1
Avocet - 10
Red-breasted Merganser - 3
Gannet - 13
Red-throated Diver - 33
Dunlin - 1
Bar-tailed Godwit - 51
Grey Plover - 18
Mediterranean Gull - 4
Kestrel - 1
Shelduck - 1

 Sandwich Tern
 Avocets
 Common Scoter
Brent Geese