Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Pete Neatherway - RIP

I have just learnt the horrific and very sad news that my very good birding friend, Pete Neatherway has passed away.


Please see http://beachyheadbirding.blogspot.com to understand what a kind hearted, welcoming and fantastic person Pete was. I've had the pleasure of knowing Pete for 8 years, the first time when I saw my first ever Honey Buzzard at Beachy Head, and from then on we have watched some amazing birds together, including the River Warbler where he all too quickly came up and congratulated me.


He will be missed by myself, and many others so much. I can't quite believe it, and even writing this I've got a bit teary eyed, but I will always remember Pete, as he was a top, top bloke!! Such a loss, and no doubt Beachy Head won't be the same without him.