Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 January 2019

Hume's Leaf Warbler - Newhaven 10/1/18

A local birder found a delightful Hume's Leaf Warbler just before the new year, and despite thinking it had disappeared from the area straight away, the same birder fortunately found it again in the same area of scrub just across the river from the Newhaven Incinerator.

Just before travelling up to Heathrow for my flight to India, I nipped down and soon found the bird feeding actively and calling frequently. To the courtesy of the finder, news wasn’t broadcast widely initially, but thankfully (in my opinion) news was widely broadcast on the 12th Jan and hopefully many people can now see this Siberian gem.

This represents my third in Sussex, and my first away from Belle Tout Wood!




Hume's Leaf Warbler
in Newhaven