Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 March 2016

Ashdown Forest & Newhaven West Beach 6/3/16

After a night in Copenhagen (Hooded Crow being the only highlight) and finishing work early afternoon I nipped into Ashdown Forest and after a bit of searching I found the Great Grey Shrike. However it was very mobile and I soon lost it.

On the way home driving across the Newhaven swing bridge I noticed the tide was out, and after pondering for a few seconds I went to check the Gulls again at West Beach. Whilst scanning the Gulls, I thought how nice it would be to find an Iceland Gull, and seconds later........bingo!! A first-winter Iceland Gull sat on the beach among the other Gulls. A very scarce bird this winter in the south, so a pleasing find.


 all dark eye
first-winter Iceland Gull at West Beach