Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Friday 24 January 2020

Combe Haven 24/1/20

A quick jaunt over to Combe Haven this morning produced fine views of the four scaup. They had changed area today, frequenting the large lake north of the bypass (in the past few days they had been further down the valley). My last few sightings of scaup in Sussex have been of individuals, and therefore I was more inclined to see this 'flock'. Despite the mild winter, I've seen a good number of long-tailed ducks, a smew, and now these scaup - so not as bad as it could've been.

Last weekend I co-led my first Naturetrek trip down on the Somerset Levels. Below are a couple of images from the levels featuring the incredible roost of starlings.



Four scaup at Combe Haven
Jasper and the haunted/abandoned house