Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 July 2020

Ashdown Forest 13/07/2020

The hot and sunny weather brought out the many species of Odonata that Ashdown is renowned for. Although I didn't go searching in the areas that Black Darters normally frequent, I still managed a respectable ten species. As always this time of year, the highlight was a superb Brilliant Emerald that posed brilliantly; I didn't try to use my macro lens, though I still got some decent photos with my longer lens. 

Bird wise, a male Honey-buzzard and the usual suspects were found on what was a sweltering day.

Unfortunately, my settings were still set for the comet!

After a quick re-jig, the results still weren't great - male Honey-buzzard



female Brilliant Emerald

Keeled Skimmer


Comet Neowise