Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Friday 2 October 2015

Shetland 2/10/15

Weather - morning was very windy and heavy drizzle, though around lunchtime, oddly the weather cleared and the afternoon was very pleasant.

My last full day so I again headed out to west mainland where I came across lots of very good looking habitat, so good infact I wish I had more time there. Still plenty of Yellow-browed's being found, and finally I caught up with the Arctic Warbler. An enjoyable day once again. 

Totals are:

Yellow-browed Warbler - 15
Scaup - 1 drk Norby
Jack Snipe - 1
Siskin - 1
Sanderling - 4
Arctic Warbler - 1 Cott
Red-throated Diver - 1
Mediterranean Gull - 1 Weisdale
Willow Warbler - 1
Lesser Whitethroat - 1 Lerwick
Redwing - 1
Pink-footed Geese - 15
Whooper Swan - 2


 Arctic Warbler at Cott
 Dale of Walls
 the valley where the Lanceolated was seen a few days previous

 Wester Skeld


views from Cott