Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Friday 11 November 2016

UAE - 10/11/16

My last morning so I chose a park close to DXB, and this was Mushrif Park. It only took 90 minutes from Fujairah and as it opened at 8am, I had a bit more sleep then the previous few nights. I only had a couple of hours but that was enough, though in this time I did find a Black Drongo. A trio of Crested Honey Buzzards was also good value. This park was also based a couple of miles off the DXB departure runway, and so all morning I got great views of several A380s taking off.

So a very successful and short trip to the UAE. Its a very easy country to bird with good road system, plenty of info on uaebirding.com and all very straightforward.

Species seen:
Desert Wheatear - 1 along the roadside en route
Grey Francolin - 6
Hoopoe - 10
Black Drongo - 1
Red-breasted Flycatcher - 1
Purple Sunbird - 7
Crested Honey Buzzard - 3
Pallid Swift - 5

 my afternoon ride home
 Graceful Prinia
 Red-breasted Flycatcher
 Black Drongo
 Hoopoe
 Pallid Swift
 Indian Palm Squirrel

 Crested Honey Buzzards - both birds showing 6 primaries (the paler bird not as easy to see as the dark bird)